Here are the panels that I’ve ran at conventions since 2019, be it my own work or as an assistant/co-panelist on another panel. I also include this page in my panel applications, where I let it do the talking for my previous experience - you can only include so much information in a webform without that info resembling a wall of text!
- All panels are 50-60 minutes by default.
- I need both a projector with HDMI support and speakers, as I rely on visuals (including clips) for my panels. An HDMI to USB-C adapter (in case mine borks), a chair, a table, and a water pitcher with cups are nice-to-haves.
- For panel coordinators (both current and prospective): My panels come with customization options and you can request a view-only copy of my previous work. If you would like something added, changed, or omitted within reason, please contact me before your intake’s deadline.
- I want to make my panels the best they can be. Any constructive feedback (including questions, comments, and concerns) that you might have is appreciated - please email or message them to me!
An Otaku's Guide to Donghua (13+)A look at Chinese animation (donghua) that resembles anime, plus how Chinese animation overall impacted the Japanese anime industry.
- I previously ran this panel as "Those Chinese Cartoons" before Anime North: Stay at Home Edition.
- I also discuss barriers to watching donghua, along with the CCP's role in the Chinese animation industry.
- Manga Planet covered this panel in both of their Anime North Online and Anime North: Stay at Home recaps.
Anime in the Philippines (13+)How did an anime contribute to collapsing a Filipino dictatorship? Which titles are beloved in the Philippines yet are afterthoughts in the American anime fandom? Curious about how anime is perceived outside of Japan and North America? Join us as we explore the interesting relationship between the Philippines, anime, and Japan.
- This is the panel y'all probably know me the most for.
- I also cover the context behind anime being aired in the country, historical events that have clear and direct implications for anime in the country, and misc Philippines x Japan topics.
- Ogiue Maniax mentioned the panel in his Otakon 2023 recap.
Panelling for Dummies (general)Love panels? Interested in running your own panels but don’t know where to start? If so Mich Chan of Togarashi Mayo (a former panels coordinator and current experienced amateur panelist) is here to help! Join her as she walks you through how to create your first panel, from ideation to post-panel reflection.
Japanese Commercials That (Try To) Make You Laugh (general)A showcase of some of the funniest and weirdest Japanese commercials, from Mem-Cho squishing mosquitos to Britney Spears selling you candy.
An Introduction to Manhwa (13+)An introductory panel about Korean comics (manhwa) that covers their history, their relationship with Japanese media, essential must-reads, and titles that the panelist personally recommends.
Note: Dr. Emily Hall and Rosa will be taking over for the respective Sakura-Con and Anime North 2024 iterations.
Guess the Anime Character (general)Do you know your Violet Evergarden from your Saber, or your Sailor Mars from your Kikyo? Come to play (for candy prizes) or just to watch this character recognition game!
Fans in the Professional Workplace (general)A roundtable for and by professionals with geeky interests. Come discuss how (and when) to share your fandom in the workplace, the benefits and challenges of being a fan in the workplace, and more.
Note: This is a Vancouver version of the Anime North panel of the same name (given Sabrina's blessing).
Congoing on a Budget (general)Cons can be expensive to attend, but they don't have to be! Come learn new tips to attend cons for less.
Note: I ran this panel as a roundtable format (along with Dan, Azurimi, and Andrew) at Anime North 2022.
Germany* and Anime (13+)A look at anime set in or heavily inspired by Germany (...plus Austria and Switzerland, forming the "DACH region"), along with how the country influenced Japanese culture and society.
Note: I previously ran the panel as "DACH and Anime" until Sakura-Con 2023, before rethinking the concept. The DACH acronym is too abstract on a con schedule!
Mario The Brand Ambassador (13+)From Kraft Dinner to LEGO, come take a look at some of the tie-in products that Nintendo characters hawked over the past ~35 years!
- Manga Planet covered this panel as part of their Anime North Online recap.
- I've put this panel on infinite hiatus, until I can find a way to turn it into a 60-minute panel while generalizing the content to "tie-in products for any video game in general". Sonic curry, anyone?
Other panels I've worked on
- Legend of Zelda Megapanel (Anime North 2023)
- Spy x Family (Anime North 2023)
- All about Webtoons — Korean Style! (Sakura-Con 2023 with Dr. Emily Hall)
- Korean Manhwa (Anime North 2022, with Kris and Orian)
- Fans in the Professional Workplace (Anime North 2022 with Sabrina, Nick, and Demetre)
- An Introduction to Yokai (Akimatsuri 2019 and Tsukino-Con 2020, now in KuroRaiden's custody)